Thursday Doors – Essential doors

on

Terminal The Hague Municipal Railway

My twenty-eighth entry to Norms Thursday Doors. Essential doors. That is to say if you are a railway carriage and want to enter the terminal.

The first lines in The Hague were horse drawn. In the first half of the 1880s steam trams appeared. These were rapidly replacing the horsedrawn lines, especially in the longer services such as the line between The Hague and Delft in July 1887, still in service today, but now extended to Scheveningen Noorderstrand. In 06-08-1904 the first electrified line went into service, being line 9 between Plein and Scheveingen Kurhaus. Most of this line is still part of the actual line between Vrederust and Scheveningen Noorderstrand. – bron wikipedia

thursdaydoors HTM remise4 Fuij Velvia

The picture is taken with a Lumix GH1 and a 14-120 mm lens. Soon to be replaced by a Nikon D750 with a 24-70mm lens:)  ‘Developed’ in Photoshop cc 2016 with settings for Fuji Velvia film to imitate the saturated look en the brilliant colours.

This picture is part of a series I make on ‘Tram 1’ of the The Hague Municipal Railway Line (HTM)

#ThursdayDoors is a post series run by Norm Frampton. If you like interesting doors, visit his site and check out what people are sharing today. Thursday Doors 07 April

13 Comments Add yours

1. Love that bright blue!

Liked by 1 person

2. Dan Antion says:

Brilliant colors and one of my favorite subject (besides doors).

Liked by 1 person

3. jesh stg says:

Pleasant memories – lived a few houses down from the Kurhous at the Geversdaynootweg:):) On the back side of the house was the beach, but almost never walked on it, because with good weather, it was overrun by people!

Liked by 1 person

4. Nice. We do tend to take our emergency services for granted but we shouldn’t. And, I applaud each and every man and woman who fill those positions and come to our aid when we call. 🙂

Liked by 1 person

5. Beautiful, vibrant photo. That shade of blue goes perfectly with the red.

6. joannesisco says:

The blue doors with the splash of red inside really does pop! I like the little detail at the top of the door to accommodate the electric line 🙂

Liked by 1 person

7. joey says:

So bright and clean. You really did get amazing brilliance on the colors here. Well done.

Liked by 1 person

1. Geert Smits says:

Thanks! If you use photoshop I can sent you the recipe 🙂 Cannot guarantee that it will work on any picture of course. The colours must be brilliant to start with.

Liked by 1 person

1. joey says:

Right, no, I don’t Photoshop. I’m not a photographer, I just take pictures 🙂 Thanks for the offer though — I enjoy yours!

Liked by 1 person

8. Holly says:

I love the lines and colors here 🙂

1. Geert Smits says:

Thanks Holly 🙂

9. Norm 2.0 says:

I love the way the blue just jumps off my screen – well done my friend!
    BTW – I like the new look of the blog and congrats on the new camera. I just switched to full-frame myself: D610
    Cheers!

Liked by 1 person

1. Geert Smits says:

Thank you for the compliment! I aspect the new camera’s will improve the quality and the dynamics of the images tremendous 🙂