Thursday Doors – French Fries

More essential doors

My eighteenth entry to Norms Thursday Doors. More Essential Doors. Of course Gouda is  world famous for cheese. That doesn’t mean we don’t eat anything else. Apart from cheese we occasionally eat bread, meat and fastfood. In between lots of other stuff 🙂

So we have four essential doors to add to the first one: coffee!

Cheese – Meat – Bread – French Fries (in Dutch: Patat)

To quote John Travolta in Pulp Fiction:

VINCENT: Well, in Amsterdam, you can buy beer in a movie theatre. And I don’t mean in a paper cup either. They give you a glass of beer, like in a bar. In Paris, you can buy beer at MacDonald’s. Also, you know what they call a Quarter Pounder with Cheese in Paris?

JULES: They don’t call it a Quarter Pounder with Cheese?
VINCENT: No, they got the metric system there, they wouldn’t know what the fuck a Quarter Pounder is.
JULES: What’d they call it?
VINCENT: Royale with Cheese.
JULES: Royale with Cheese. What’d they call a Big Mac?
VINCENT: Big Mac’s a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.
JULES: What do they call a Whopper?
VINCENT: I dunno, I didn’t go into a Burger King. But you know what they put on french fries in Holland instead of ketchup?
JULES: What?
VINCENT: Mayonnaise.
JULES: G*n!
VINCENT: I seen ’em do it. And I don’t mean a little bit on the side of the plate, they f*’ drown ’em in it.

Mayonnaise? We even drown them in peanut sauce, mix them with unions, top them with combination of the three and name it ‘Patatje oorlog’. Translated it is something like W3 Fries or Nuked French. Whatever.

#ThursdayDoors is a post series run by Norm Frampton. If you like interesting doors, visit his site and check out what people are sharing today. Thursday Doors 4 februari

14 Comments Add yours

1. Enjoyed this post. I love my fries with Mayonnaise! But now I’m hungry for some fries. And I’ve just had dinner only a short while ago. Eeesh!! :-/ 😉

1. Geert Smits says:

Haha! Know the feeling 🙂 Fancy a fries after reading your comment …

Liked by 1 person

2. My favorite food in Amsterdam all those years ago was bami goreng. I know it’s Indonesian, but Amsterdam is where I first had it. Nice gallery.

janet

3. Dan Antion says:

Very nice collection today.

4. I’m glad I’ve had dinner! What a yummy post and collection of doors. When I went to France the first time I went to a McDonald’s to see if it was true a Quarter Pounder w/ cheese was called a Royale with cheese. It’s true! 🙂

I’ve tried fries with mayo it’s not bad, but not my favorite way to eat them. I like them plain, or with ketchup, or if I want to drown them I do that with chili, cheese, and onions. 🙂 I’m so glad I’ve already eaten!

5. jan says:

When I was in the Netherlands they put shredded carrots on our hamburgers and a poached egg! When in Rome, do as the Romans.

6. cmblackwood says:

Ha ha! Very nice doors; and very funny blurb. 🙂

7. Norm 2.0 says:

Mayo is actually quite good with fries but in moderation, you can’t drown them in it. Nice post, but I’m glad I read it after eating rather than before, otherwise I’d have gone out for fries 😉

8. Ludwig says:

OK, no French fries when next I visit Amsterdam. I will stick to bread and cheese, Gouda Lord!

1. Geert Smits says:

Gouda Lord? I like that 🙃

9. Holly says:

Peanut sauce on fries? I never would have thought of that before, now I kind of want to try it 🙂

1. Geert Smits says:

Try a spicy type of peanut sauce 🙂 mjammie!

10. Rob Alberts says:

I prefer peanut sauce.
    But salt and vinnegar are also good tasting.

Kind regards,