Thursday Doors – Doors out of place

Doors out of place

My seventeenth entry to Norms Thursday Doors. This door is out of place. The building is old, approx. 250 year, and the front of the house is painted in a aluminium color. So is the door. Someway has to talk to the owner. Or worse 🙂 You can can discuss taste. But apart from my remarks I don’t regret this picture. Because if you don’t know the location it’s a paint job well done! (But still: Behhh)

Thursday doors silver door

#ThursdayDoors is a post series run by Norm Frampton. If you like interesting doors, visit his site and check out what people are sharing today. Thursday Doors 21 january

At Norms request: a picture of the whole building 🙂

Thursday doors silver building

12 Comments Add yours

1. jan says:

I’m glad you included a picture of the whole building – very abstract design and interesting.

Liked by 1 person

2. Inger says:

Love the clean, simple style of the first photo! 🙂

Liked by 1 person

3. Dan Antion says:

I guess it suits their purpose. The offset door of the white portion is interesting.

Liked by 1 person

4. Geert, it will be interesting to hear more of the story if you can find out. Seems odd to have a back door next to someone else’s front door and windows.

janet

Liked by 1 person

5. marianallen says:

Nice attempt at making their door invisible. I’m guessing maybe a fire door to comply with a building code? Thanks for the more distant shot to put it into context. 🙂

Liked by 1 person

1. Geert Smits says:

It’s possible of course. But I very much doubt they had any buildings codes in the 17th century 🙂 But I will find out!

6. Norm 2.0 says:

It’s a peaceful serene look. We don’t see much of the building or the surroundings in this shot, but from what I see, simply put: it works.

Liked by 1 person

1. Geert Smits says:

On your request (I had to do that in the first place) a picture of the whole building 🙂

Liked by 1 person

7. Interesting! This door must only be an exit – no door knob!

Liked by 2 people

1. Geert Smits says:

And it’s upside down also. The hinges are on the wrong side 🙂

Liked by 1 person

1. Curioser and curioser!

2. Geert Smits says:

I will ask them 🙂 Whoever they are …

Liked by 1 person