Thursday Doors – Wunderbar

Doors I have seen (to) often ..

My seventh entry to Norms Thursday Doors. Doors I have seen (to) often. A door of a bar. And to be more specific the door of the Wunderbar. When I was still in the Army, sometime ago I must admit, we visited the Wunderbar in Hamburg on Friday night. And again on Saturday night and … You get what I mean. Since then, back in 82, I’ve sort of grown up. And started doing responsible things like making a living. Not saying that being a soldier is not making a living, they still have and always will have my deepest respect, but to say that you make an awful lot of money … No. Anyway, goodbye to the Wunderbar, goodbye to Helen, Ilse, Petra and all the girls whose names I have forgotten. Goodbye to Hamburg and Germany.

So you can understand my surprise when I encountered the #Wunderbar in Rotterdam! And to make a long story short: I made a photograph and walked on. But the temptation to enter …

wunderbar - witchwithaview

#ThursdayDoors is a post series run by Norm Frampton. If you like interesting doors, visit his site and check out what people are sharing today. Thursday Doors

9 Comments Add yours

1. Love the bar’s name and thanks for your service.

janet

Liked by 1 person

1. Geert Smits says:

Hi Janet,
      Thanks very much for your reaction. Would be nice to meet when I visit Chicago. Don’t know the exact date but let you know when I know more.
      Geert

2. cmblackwood says:

Is it Thursday again already? Holy Toledo! Interesting addition, nice to hear a little more about you 🙂

Liked by 1 person

3. Dan Antion says:

Nice doors and a great story. That’s a great combination.

Liked by 1 person

4. jesh stg says:

You have a Dutch name (since I’m Dutch), but you were in the Armed Services in Hamburg … I guess there’s even more to the story you’re telling here (don’t worry, don’t have to tell:):) )

Liked by 1 person

1. Geert Smits says:

Oh that’s no secret. In’82 part of the Dutch Army was based in the Northern part of Germany near Hamburg. I served with the 42th Engineers in Seedorf. But after a few years I left the Army and came back to Holland. So I was not serving in the German Army 🙂

5. Love the story behind the door. Dare I say you’ve ‘matured’ over the years in order to be able to avoid entering the doors. Thanks for your service in the Armed Forces. 🙂

Liked by 1 person

1. Geert Smits says:

Yes I did. Meeting my wife helped 😉

Liked by 1 person

6. Love a door with a good story!

Liked by 1 person